Monday, January 14, 2008

Fly By Night


Well this is it!!

This is my last week working for the Federal Aviation Administration. I am very nervous about my career change and I hope that I am making the right decision. It hardly seems like I have been here for 8 years. After leaving the Navy (civilian employee) with 15 years under my belt, I took the drive South to the FAA and, although I was nervous about that move, I hated the Navy and knew that anything would be an improvement.

Now, I leave here and the feeling is completely different. I like it here. It’s Government employment, so you accept a certain amount of wackiness, but I like my job. After just over a year here, we had the 9-11 incident to deal with (for which I received special recognition) and we built the Federal Air Marshal program to what it is today.

I have worked on many special projects that have taken me to Alaska, Arizona, California and other US destinations. It’s been a blast. A year and a half ago, I was given the nightmare contract of nightmare contracts and have held it together pretty well.

After this week, it’s off to Washington for two days, then back up here to be part of Transportation Security.

I believe I get to pick who gets cavity searched. You’ll know if that’s true when you get to the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home