Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Priorities

I have had so much to do lately, trying to prioritize is like juggling six objects at once and still only biting into the only edible one.

After much heated discussions on the most important thing in the world, the FHL (Fantasy Hockey League) is scheduled to have its draft a week from Friday. I CAN’T FREAKIN’ WAIT!! I love the fantasy league. As the Commissioner of the league, it is my job to keep track of the scores, coordinate the draft, arbitrate rule changes, collect the money (most of which I keep this year) and still find time to witty and charming. . . . . .okay, witty and obnoxious. This also requires that I review the team roster in the NHL so that I know who is playing on what team (Roenick is a Shark?? Who knew!)

Of course, this Friday is D&D night. This was hectic before. Now, we’ve moved the game to my house and the character generator on the computer is on the fritz. I haven’t even thought about the game in a week in a half. Good thing I just play of the top of my head.

Being the end of the fiscal year, work is BUSY BUSY BUSY!

My 4-10 schedule has become a 5-10 schedule for the next couple of weeks. This prevents me from keeping the pool in good shape. It’s getting close to the time where the cover has to come out. . . . .and isn’t that fun! It usually involves adding toxic levels of chemical just before something happens and makes me have to get in the water. It’s amazing that the tattoo is still on. Last time, I did that, my skin was so chlorinated that I could see my internal organs. I should just wait for it to freeze and then walk out in the middle and spread the cover out.

I mentioned earlier that I was putting in for a promotion. Well, that sound you may hear is Management dragging its feet. Meanwhile, another organization has called and set up an interview with me for tomorrow. This could be VERY lucrative (well as lucrative as the Government pay scale will allow. I hate interviewing. Tomorrow afternoon can’t get here soon enough.

Of course, October 27th is Man’s Weekend and I have to start getting that together. That’s also the weekend I may, or may not, be heading to Orlando for a Conference.

If my plate gets any fuller. . . . . . In fact, you know what I have a taste for . . . . . . .? A Gun.

8 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

You're the good kind of busy, though. :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::sigh:: I miss my old D&D games.
You should live blog the Man Weekend! Unless it's against some sort of man rule, of course.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing there's always Shoogelnifty and the Peatbogs, eh?

Watch out, my Lhurgoyf is gonna come getcha! Right after I pull four creatures from my graveyard and sacrifice them to my Chimeras (making my Lhurgoyf even bigger . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHA).

8/8 flying, doesn't tap to attack and something something something Chimeras and a 12/12 'goyf . . . with TRAMPLE . . . EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I've recently figured out that the D&D people know nothing about hockey and the hockey people know zero about D&D. Thus, I can combined the two and no one will notice.

Currently, my D&D character is a dwarf named Stu Grimson. If I ever play an elf, his name will be Jiri Latal.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing I read the blog! I'd booked off the week before for MWE. Can we have a MWE countdown on the blog?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

MWE Countdown? Eh . .. RT?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Huh?

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh?

Yeah . . . I frequently have that reaction around the Lokster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home