Friday, August 31, 2007

NetFLix Review

There are lot of movie out there that people would never even hear of without the existence of NetFlix. I love Netflix. They take the movies that you rent and offer suggestions of other movies that you might like. Some of them are good, some. . . .
There is also a thing on Netflix where your friends can send you recommendation. Since I have no friends, I have to take my recommmendations from The RadioGnome.

Now I can't remember which of the above sent me here, but Mrs. Deathlok and I watched a movie call "11:14". It was really good. It basically about an event that happens (an accident) and shows 5 or 6 different peoples lives that lead up to the time of 11:14. It was well put together. It was not really funny, but their were parts that made you laugh and still had a SNATCH/MEMENTO feel to it.

If you are stuck for what to rent, I highly recommend this.

7 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger LBJ said...

I'm on netflix. . Love it. . I never have time to go down to the local Lackluster Video and return things.

Add me to your list if you like. . you have my street name and email :-)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger BobG said...

I saw 11:14 several months ago; I thought it was brilliant the way they wove the events together. It is one of those movies that you have to pause if you leave the room however; even a minute away and you could come back saying: "WTF? How and when did that happen?"

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, 11:14 is WONDERFUL!!

I don't think I recommended that one to you.

And I don't think I like the bit about "Since I have no friends, I have to take my recommmendations from The RadioGnome."

Harrrrruuummmpppphhh. No more $24 bottles of beer for you pal.

Latest recommendation from the gnome: "Beautiful Creatures". Shot in Glasgow with Scottish accents galore. It can't decide whether to be slyly and darkly humorous or just dark and it doesn't totally work because of that, but it's still dang good.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

We loved NetFlix when we had it, but discontinued it when we got digital and On Demand. But, we were disappointed with the On Demand selection compared to NetFlix. I'll add 11:14 to my list to see, but I doubt I can get it On Demand. I'm always looking for movie tips.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Thanks, I'll mention 11:14 to Mr. Zippy to add to his list. Although, we won't be doing much NetFlix until we buy a new DVD player. Ours died last week. :(

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

How many times have you re-rented Snatch?

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Rent? I own Snatch. . . .the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home