Saturday, August 25, 2007

Anal Retention And You - Perfect Together!


Okay, actually it should be Anal Retention And Me, but. . . .

I just got in from cleaning the pool (That's Fun! ). After a week on non stop rain and general nasty non-pool weather the conditions were less than idea. Of course, today it's so muggy that it might as well be raining (except it's REALLY HOT!)

Last night I shocked the living shit out of the pool and threw in a little algaecide and Ph for good measure and let it steep. . . .like 12,000 gallons of tea. Oh, and despite vacuuming yesterday, I needed a serious vacuum today. A hour of being plugged into the vacuum and the MP3 player, I have a sparkling clean pool. This may or may not be the final BIG SCRUB before I go 12 rounds with the pool cover.

WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT???

Oh, yeah. I had a point. As I'm cleaning away, I happened to look at my neighbors pools (one on each side . . . .So many bloody swimming pools, you need a gondola to get about - Hitchhiker's Guide . . .but I digress.) On the left is my neighbor Edwin. Good guy. His pool is greener than green. I now know where those swamp night sounds are coming from. On the right, is Jade. Another good guy. His twins are having a birthday party today and my son is going. His pool is a deep murky blue. More than that, it has a look to it. Can chlorinated water go stagnate? It's times like this that I am glad that I am Anal Retentive and Obsessive Compulsive.

I have to get in and skim the entomology museum off the top of the pool (I scraped more than 1,000 bugs off yesterday) and the pool will be open for business again.

7 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Cripes, I can smell your feet from here!!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger LBJ said...

I had a beautiful in-ground pool in my first house in California. Problem was, the previous owners had put in fruit trees all around it. The lab was constantly jumping in to go bobbing for lemons. Between the fruit and leaves that's all I did on Saturdays. I miss the water. . I don't miss all the work.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do your neighbors like swimming with critters? Good to be attentive to water that you play in and may digest some!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

My feet, as well as the rest of my body smells like industrial chlorine. Maybe a little too much yesterday.

Sure the pool is work, but I honestly don't mind it. . . and Kirk is an organic Pool Liner Shredder. He gets nowhere near the pool. . .okay, he fell in twice.

My son has ingested more pool water this year than I have had beer. Fortunately, it's been a light year of drinking for me.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I'll hire you if I ever get a house with a pool.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Cripes, man, don't complain. You have a pool? We barely have a backyard!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

You were invited down. You missed a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home