Monday, September 03, 2007

Quiz Time - The Answers!

A really poor showing and lack of effort all around I'd say. Vinnie said that he could identify two of the ten, but not which ones. Sad!

Honorable Mention goes to:
Mrs. Grim for identifying #6 as Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har
Jay knew the Superchicken was with his sidekick Fred in the SuperCoup.
Brad was able to identify Professor Pat Pending from the Wacky Racers.
Conrgratulations!

Number 1 - The guy with the big 8 on his chest was Tobor The 8th Man. One of the better 60s Japanimation.

Numbers 3 & 4 were actually from the same show. (3) Fearless Fly was an offshoot of the Milton the Monster show. (4) These two guys are Milton's family Heebie and Geebie. I was looking for a picture of Abecrombie the Zombie, but couldn't come up with one.

Number 7 is Prince Planet. PP is a tight race with 8th man for the best cartoon ever.

Number 8 is the short lived detective show Cool McCool.

Number 9 - What do you think Artie Johnson did after Laugh In?? He was the voice of Mr.Jaws (and Catfish . .not shown)

Number 10 is the vivacious Neptina from Marine Boy. Marine Boy was post 8th Man (note that it's in color) and pre Speed Racer.

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

A really poor showing and lack of effort all around I'd say.

Yeah, I say that about three times a week. Welcome to my world of apathetic quiz takers. ;P

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger IHeartQuilting said...

Doh! Tobar the 8th Man and Prince Planet. I KNEW I should have known them. It's been too long since I've seen them. I loved them, and later Ultra Man. Wasn't there one called Johnny Socko, too?

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..abecrombie the zombie, but couldn't find one." Note: when you can't find a picture of something on the internet, you KNOW it's obscure!

I had Fearless Fly, and I thougfht the other was named JabberJaws, but I bow to your auth-it-tah on the subject

For the record, Ultra Man and Jonny Socko and His Flying Robot kicked major boo-tay. They were live action (except for the extremely fake robot and monster impersonations of course, but that's what made them so cool) not cartoon though. I got both shows' entire collection off of ebay. Nerdville, population: me!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

You mean real monsters don't have zippers up the back?

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Tucker said...

Great reading your blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home