Friday, April 06, 2007

Grind It Out!!


Well, I just got back from seeing GRINDHOUSE! Let's start off by saying that I'm feeling conflicted, as we plan to watch The Passion tonight and today's double feature should probably bother me than it does.

Grindhouse, the new double feature by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. With the two movies and the extra stuff, the movie runs 3:15. . .Bring a snack.

For me the best part of the movie was the previews (the GRINDHOUSE previews, not the real previews) Notably MACHETE! "Don't hire Machete to kill the bad guys. . .if you are one of the bad guys!"

As for the two movies themselves, Planet Terror was a classic Grindhouse movie in the Zombie genre that did not disappoint. It was the better of the two movies. Great dialogue and a gore fest that was a wonder to behold and all on Good Friday. Deathproof was also very good, but Taratino missed the mark a little. One thing that a friend of mine said a while ago hit me during Deathproof. He said that if you write down all the Tarantino dialogue from his movies and mix it up, it's hard to tell which movie it's from. It all sounds like Tarantino. As I watched Deathproof, there were things that I could here being recited by Uma Thurman or Samuel L.

Overall, if this gory, violence and sexploitation extravaganza, you will be happy with it. Violence and humor a perfect mix.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

AWESOME! I must see this film.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't wanta see that much gore on a big screen!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger zippychik said...

I'm with Linda. I don't know how you guys can watch that crap. From your review, GRINDHOUSE makes SIN CITY sound like a Disney flick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home