Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Yearling!


Sometime in February last year, I started entered the Blogverse. It's kind of like the Negative Zone from the Fantastic Four in a way that if positive matter touches it an explosion could wipe out everything.

So before I pontificate about my year in review. . . .a few jokes:

1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

3. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A beer please, and one for the road."

Now, where was I??

It’s been a whole year. I’m pushing 7,000 hits!! That’s not too bad considering my intermittent postings. So, let’s muse. . . .

The Blog thing for me has been fun over the last year. Wyatt talked me into trying one and truth be told I both wish that I had more time to devote to it and feel that I can be spending my time more productively.

Changes that I plan for the future of the Blog.

1. With some help, I’d like to figure out some of the nuances of changing the look and feel of my blog. It, quite frankly, is beyond me.

2. I think that I need to go back to basics. Do what you know. If I can get a weekly comic review, some music review (including new stuff on hidebound maybe) and the occasional non-sequitor.

I would like to thank everyone who visits the site. It certainly pales in comparison to a lot of the other Blogs.

Thanks to all who visit and post. Here we go for year two.

7 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I enjoy your attempts at home repair. :)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Happy Anniversary, Buckwheat!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Happy Anniversary, Dlok.You've been more diligent at it than I've been. Your blog was definitely a good thing. I think it really helped you cope with all the family stuff and especially the loss of your-father-in law. Although, if I were you, I still wouldn't count out therapy altogether. ;-)

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, bub. The blogosphere is a better . . . hey, is that a Snickers bar you got or are you just happy to see me?

cheers

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Gnome in Kilt. . . .CLASSY!!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, my dear..I think your best post was the incredible one about your father-on-law.

The funniest one was, I think, the one where you went to class dressed like a mime..oh wait..I mean JOKER!

The most painful one was when you had both arms yanked out of socket by bad boy Kirk!

And now, I know someone else who likes Basia! High five--in the air, down low, too slow! Chest bump--oh, never mind!

Thanks for sharing, funnyman! ;)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Liked Basia and saw Basia. A limited number of people in the category.

I still have remnants of the Jester costume. I wish that was still in one piece.

Thanks for the words everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home