Friday, June 01, 2007

OPEN!



That's Right! The Pool is OPEN!

Despite a shaky start, the pool is open. When the cover tore in three places this winter, I knew it was going to be a battle to open this thing. Hence, I started early. A few weeks ago, I wrestled the cover off.

Step 1 - Remove Cover
Step 2 - Look In Pool To Assess Damage
Step 3 - Shake Head
Step 4 - Spend Money At The Pool Store
Step 5 - Have Wife Come Home And Say "You Did It By Yourself Again?"
Step 6 - Go To The Chiropractor

But I digress. . .

I dumped 5 gallons of liquid chlorine in. . .wait. . .an entire bottle of Algaecide. .. wait. . . .vacuum. . .flush. . .vacuum. . .shock. . . vacuum

The following couple days was just looking at the shadows on the bottom and thinking "Hmmm, there are no clouds in the sky to make those shadows." You see some Algae is stronger than others. What's a guy to do? With a pool, when in doubt add more liquid chlorine. 10 more gallons. WA & LA! Clean, except for the liner that isn't in the water. Back to the store to check the Alkaline and the Ph levels and we're done. But wait. . When my wife takes a water sample to the store, the girls tells her that she can't add the alkaline and the ph because there is too much chlorine (as if you can have too much chlorine). "Your water is like acid." And she says it like it's a bad thing.

With the children safety on my mind, I ask "Will it remove my tattoo?" No? We're going in!

Now our levels are perfect and the tattoo is still there:

It's time for a swim.

Note: My garden is starting to sprout too.

5 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

That looks like a painful tattoo.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

It took 5 hours. it hurt, but it didn't HURT.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Owie!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot Leg!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qikKH7goGlo
heh
They could see you a mile away on the beach!
I bet people stop you all the time and say -We might be related!
Are you related to Matt?
;)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

White. Trash. Heh.

And where are the bikini pics of the lovely bride???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home