Monday, March 12, 2007

Shark Jumping?


This television season has been pretty disappointing. Sure, I’m still enjoying the shows that I watch but, the infamous “jumping the shark” looms or at least you can see Fonzie waxing up the skis.

1. 24 – 24 is a great show. The one thing that I like about it is that when you see something that doesn’t quite jive, by the time you can complain they are on to something else. This season, however, things are piling up on the “Get The. . . . .!?!” list.
Jack – Jack just isn’t Jack anymore. Jack is the guy who last season, shot Robocop’s wife in the leg to show that he wasn’t messin’. Now, Jack is all weepy eyed over his Father? Please! Jack would be looking down at the half eaten remains on his Father in a trough sayin’ “That’ll Do Pig!”
President Palmer II – Electric Boogaloo – This guy stinks as the President. He bends more than Gumby on August Day. AND WHERE IS MIKE?? This guy practically ran the country and Wayne isn’t going to hire this guy? Sure!! Okay, I’ll buy that Aaron quit to shack up with Mrs. President, but Mike should be there, not beating the crap outta Marv in SIN CITY.
Screw The Embassy – Jack breaks into the Chinese Embassy and causes a big problem. Fine. Now he is doing the same to the Russian Embassy. REALLY?? Every country in the United Nations would be screaming for this guy. How are they to know that their Embassy isn’t next. Dumb.
Morris – Puss! This guy is so obnoxious (but in a good way) that he would be REALLY focused on finding these guys. He should be calling in favors from all those people that he knows. A broken and shattered Morris is dumb and out of character.

They better do something really swell next season.

2. Battlestar Gallactica – This show is still really good, but it seems to be lagging. I get the impression that they are stretching out storylines because the have run out of new ones. Hint: If you are killing off characters, you have to bring new ones in and develop them.

3. LOST – This show seems to be trying to get its legs again. The hiatus really hurt it and the OTHERS mini series has gone way off the mark of the base show.

4. ROME on the other hand is really good. I keep waiting for the show to be over because everyone of the cast is dead, but it continues and remains interesting. Unfortunately, there are only two more episodes before the Sopranos (which I quit watching after the second episode with Tony in a coma).

5. The Shield - The Shield will be starting up again soon and that hasn’t let me down yet. April, I believe.

6. HOUSE – It would take a lot to make me turn on HOUSE. I aspire to be HOUSE. This show is consistently good, but I can smell the ski wax. Stay the course boys.

Tonight, after 24, tune to FX for the new show (Riches?) starring Eddie Izzard. I hope this is a good show. I do like Eddie Izzard.

9 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Ricky Shroeder is the new Jack Bauer! Just watch!

I watched "The Riches." I know people follow the grifter life, but I was really creeped out by them. I guess that's good acting. The end of the episode was a little much, though. I wonder if the neighbor is more like them than they realize. Creepiness.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

I swear the Christ, if I see you type "Electric Boogaloo" one more time, these walls will be your tomb!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I was expecting a little more comedy in the Riches. It was very good in a disturbing way.

I think the neighbor is the "Honey, In this neighborhood we don't shoot up. . . we have pills for that!"

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I was expecting some humor, too. I guess Izzard wants to "grow" and "explore." Well, given his cross-dressing, I'd say he likes to explore. I was really creeped out by the characters. Minnie Driver is just weird, though.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Tony Soprano's in a coma??!!! Why didn't you tell me sooner, now I might actually begin to appreciate that show.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I thought Minnie was good because she is the only character that is really horrible. Although they are all quirky and have unlikeable aspects, I find that I like Izzard's character. Minnie is just a character to dislike . . .and she plays it well.

I think, like American Gothic, the show is too good to last.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 3rd, baby! Damn, it sucks that Lem died.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

The sad thing is that now that I have HBO back, I can go on DEMAND and watch the episodes that I missed and have no desire.

I do plan on trying to catch Showtime's Dexter on Demand though.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Machinistscott said...

"The unit" is not a bad show.
I could do with out the "military wives" angle.

I likes the "Heroes" too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home