Thursday, December 21, 2006

Explanation Wyatt! Defend Your Race!!

Cops! Is there a cop that is under 5'10" that doesn't have an attitude?? I seek an explanation from Wyatt.

I was driving to work today. . . .late as usual. As I get to the Egg Harbor Toll, I see a NJ State Trooper. So I ease through the EZ Pass and between 15 and 20 MPH.. . .I'm looking at the speedometer. The Toll Booth flashes 43 MPH. So, I'm thinking, here comes a court date.

I continue on and guess who is about 12 carlengths behind me Super Trooper. I keep an eye and stay and 65 MPH. . the speed limit. I'm passing a car here, a car there. Everythings fine. . . . .Then the lights flash.

I pull over. I say "Is there a problem, Officer? I was going the speedlimit."
"I pulled you over because you were driving in the left lane. You are suppose to drive in the right and pass on the left. I followed you for 2 miles and you never left the left lane."

I said, "I know I was gaining on the cars in the middle lane so I stayed in the left lane as opposed to weaving in and out of the lane. I figured that that was safer." (We had already established that I wasn't speeding.)

He asks me where I'm going. I tell him that I'm heading to work. polite. polite. polite. Now, in my mind, I'm thinking "The left lane?? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me??"

He checks me out and gives me a written warning. I say "Thank You Officer. . . .Excuse Me! I want to make sure I got this straight. I should jump back in the right lane after every car I pass even if they are going slower? That weaving in and out of traffic doesn't seem safe to me , but if your telling me to weave in and out of traffic that's fine, it just doesn't seem . . .. ."

"I'm not telling you to weave in and out of cars."

Okay! Just trying to be safe! Thanks for the warning!

What is that about!?! People are whipping passed us and cluttering up the left lean. This guy has to make me later than I am, because I was in the left lane. NOTE: This guy was at least 12 carlengths back or I would have moved over to him by. I WAS passing. I had my seat belt on, my new handfree Bluetooth. How safe do I have to be before this 5'2" Napolean . . . .AAAAAHHHHHHH!!

I have decided that it was probably a new rookie thing. Police Scavenger Hunt! Today you have to pull over a car in the left lane. Tomorrow, you have to pull over a woman with her left turn signal on. Friday is a written warning to someone with a BABY ON BOARD sign in their window.

Wyatt? Rebuttal? Explaination??

6 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He pulled you over because he was concerned for you! heh

I got pulled over one night on a very busy road where people drive like it's Talladege--because one of my head lights wasn't working on dim. I was afraid of being run into my the flying trucks going by. When he walked up to my window, I said you better be careful with all the traffic flying by and he thanked me! He gave me a ticket and when I fixed the light, I had to chase an officer down to sign it so I could get it dismissed!

Glad you got your license renewed!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

I don't "f" around with Jersey troopers. I got snagged once many years ago and he was cool to me. I was 75 in a 50 and he wrote it up as a 60. After three years of an insurance surcharge...I rarely go over 65...or go in the left lane.

That guy got me from the other side of the highway, too. I wasn't even able to slow down enough by time he got behind me.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what's with you and making short people not like you? Maybe the jack..., I mean concerned officer, was related to Groovis!

And I as well, never sleep through the night, the last time I had a truly deep sleep was March of 2005. It was a nap after a long drive out of town for work. Woke up from the nap in that deep fog, and thought, "Yeah, that's what I remember sleep was like!" I attribute it to the lack of hair letting too much light into my brain when I sleep. Maybe i should try a night cap.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I'll have a nightcap. Jameson, please!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Deathlok - Here's my rebuttal: the State Trooper is a c*cksucker! Personally, I hate the NJSP, as do many Philly cops. They almost ALWAYS give us a hard time for the stupidest things. As if they're looking for a way to lock us up and make us lose our job.

The last one to call my division got no (ZERO) help from me. When he asked what my problem was (dangle, dangle), I said you do nothing for us, so we do nothing for you.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

I wish I could give all the cops in my city tickets for driving in the left lane. Someone is going to get hurt when I get pulled over for passing on the right...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home