Thursday, December 21, 2006

But Enough About Me, Let's Talk About Meme

Welcome Back To Me! I got hit with the Meme by Wyatt @ Support Your Local Gunfighter.

The Topic is “6 Weird Things About Me”. Sadly, 5 of Wyatt’s 6 choices are right up my alley. So, in an effort not to be a copy cat, I will put some more thought to this.

1. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Wyatt, chose OCD. Unfortunely, to leave this out would be to have criticism pile upon me from those who know me. After reading Wyatt’s description, however, my OCD manifests in a different way. I suffer from the type of disorder where I get something in my head and I can do nothing else until the problem is solved or the question is answered. I have lost whole nights of sleep because someone has called with a “quick question” that they thought I might know the answer to (as the participle dangles . . . . ). I have been late for things because I was researching something on the internet. For example, years ago my brother, Badger, said “I wish I could find “X” on the internet. “I spent a month looking through every database I could think of (dangle dangle) because I don’t like to say “I couldn’t do that”. This also accounts to the many surgeries and scar tissue lace along my body. Athletic . . . . .not so much!

2. Comics. I’m gonna take the approach that the 6 things don’t have to be negative. . . .necessarily. With that I give you my comic book collection. Weird? Well, I have been collecting comics since 1975. It has come a long way. It is no longer makes you the Pyrriah it did when I was in highschool. Talk about a reason to have someone kick your ass. My house is riddled with comic memorabilia from my family room to my bedroom. But the basement is comic concentrate. More concentrated than the most potent Melange (Dune reference). Fortunately, I was able to maintain this addiction and still trap someone into marrying me. Keen.

3. I Love Sugar Cereal. During the course of my 43 years, I will wager that I have eaten 90% of all cereal ever on the market. Growing up, my mother would buy whatever cereal was on sale, so when new cereals are introduced you can get them on sale. Corn Pops? Honey Smacks? That’s crazy talk. Sugar Pops! Super Sugar Crisp. I’ve had Frosted Krispies back when the nepotism at Kellogg’s had Tony Junior as the sponsor. Some of my favorite cereals are/were Quisp, Quake, KaBoom, the short lived Cap’n Crunch’s ‘Nilly Crunch . . .. mmmm Vanilla Goodness! And Freakies! Of course you can never go wrong with Cocoa Krispies, Sugar Pops and Apple Jacks! My molecular structure is 79.4% sugar.

4. I retain the knowledge of the weirdest things. I have a brain that works in the most unusual way. I spent a lot of my youth (did you say youts?) in front of the television. Having older siblings, I remember music and events from when I was very little. My brain is completely full of useless information. There is no room for any new information. I can’t remember people’s names. I am uninterested in learning anything new at work. I am going to New York in January to audition for some VH1 Pop Culture Trivia contest.

5. I teach religious education and, in general, I hate people. I generally consider myself a nice person. I am always up for helping people. I have spent he better part of the last two months trying to sell my Mother-In-Laws house for her. I get nothing from this except that if we sell it quickly, she moves in with us for a few months. This is bad for me and a probable end to my marriage, but considering she lives three doors away from a Meth lab (which I think is considered within the blast radius), I have been trying to get her out. Everybody that I encounter is a thorn in my ass. I hate people the light up their phones in the movies, I hate people that try and get in the elevator before the people in it can get out (that’s a physics faux pas). I go in every Thrusday night and teach love and understanding, but I have come to believe that most people are devoid of either.

6. For #6, I had to steal a few ideas from others. In this case, Tyler. It involves sleep. I would say that I NEVER sleep through the night. However, one night last week, I woke up and it was morning and I felt rested. I honestly cannot remember the last time that happened. The only time I sleep through the night is if I’m ill and medicated or drunk. Neither affords the rest you need. My mind often races at night while I ponder things, the dog wakes me up or a light from the VCR or down the hall wakes me (as my eyes don’t close all the way when I sleep. . .My wife says . . . “Creepy!”.

Okay, that’s it for me I guess I will tag Grimjack, Zippy, Token Asian (AKA 80sGirl), Dragonlady, JT and RadioGnome. . . .Sorry Gnome!

7 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Token Asian said...

Dammit!!!!!! Just kidding. I think you're the first person who's ever tagged me. Is it OK if I don't tag on?

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say something but number 5 has left me totally speechless!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Good luck on the audition!

Golden Grahams rock! Well, so do Cocoa Krispies. I cannot eat cereal anymore, though. :(

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mr. wacky--I hope you and your family have a terrific Christmas!

How can you hate people and be so chatty in airports? Someone needs to put some salve on that thorn in your butt! heh And religious educator? What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall!

Put some scotch tape on your eyelids-maybe the light is keeping you awake!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

80s: It's not that bad!

Linda: Speechless? What? Never heard of the Evil Religious Teacher. I bring KoolAid to class and everything. Oh, and I have two eyeshades which I don't wear.

RT: Sorry to here you can't partake, the new Chocolate Lucky Charms are AWESOME!

Hey Gnome! Been a bit. Looking for my next boondoggle in DC.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Quisp is King!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Dlok,
I never sleep through the night, either. ASide from that and the liking sugar cereal, I'd say you have much in common with my significant other. Scary Bears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home