Monday, December 11, 2006

A Death In The Family

After a long and suffering illness, my computer has died.

About a month ago, I got the "Blue Screen of Death" which by definition is generally not good. I rebboted and ran the Symantec fix-up as instructed. It wouldn't let me reinstall my Norton security. I eventually went with the FREE comcast MCAFEE to do a work around. . . . .no no Not a Reach Around. It wouldn't let me put that on there either.

So with no security measures, I confident that BearShare won't allow any viruses in while I try and download my way to being caught up on PRISON BREAK.

At this point, my computer is doing it best impersonation of the Construction Worker from Bugs Bunny, "I'm Feelin' Mighty Sloooow!" Not to be confused with the Construction Worker from The Village People who would be Feeling Something else entirely.

Enter the Doctor, My Brother and friend to Wyatt, the Badger, came over yesterday to fix my computer. "It's Not Dead! It's just really sick!"

After several hours of burrowing in cyberspace, Badger "proclaimed "NOW! It's Dead!"
Fortunately, like any good Mad Scientist, taking the corpse back to your private lab is all that is needed.

So now I wait at home computerless and forlorn.

On a bright note, I am able to post something today because my boss is out all week.
I posted something a few days ago, but it was long and the site glitched it into non existence. I merely gave the computer the finger and walked away.

So, How is everyone???

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger zippychik said...

Dlok,
Sorry to hear about the passing of your computer, especially around the holidays. Like who has $$$ to buy a new one? Hopefully you'll find some after Christmas specials! I'm back from the great beyond--graduate school and will be posting something soon, like today!

PS I tried to request "Scots on the Rocks" on Hidebound today but I couldn't because it had been recently requested! Who would have done such a thing? So I requested "Croftwork" instead.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Yippeeee! Hope all is well otherwise! I had the blue screen of death over the fall. Very frustrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home