Friday, October 27, 2006

Man's Weekend - The Rebuttal - Part 2

THIS is not what you want to wake up to in the morning. ANY MORNING!! Geez. . .US!! It wasn't bad enough that I had to listen to the snoring/manatee mating call all night. I like it better when it was dark.

So Friday we set out for golf. Now normally, we drop about $38 for golf this year it jumped to $75. . . .EYIKES!! A little (lottle) bit rich for my blood, but the course was very nice and the rain stopped as we were teeing of the first hole. The thing about golf that I love is that since I'm not very good (a consistant 131), I'm amazed to find that things occur to me that defy description. On this day, I approach a shot in the fairway. The other three guys are watching. As I hit the ball, my 5 iron breaks in two. No no, Not the shaft! The paddle cracked in half. (no one's ever seen that before). Add to that . . .we had four grown men watching this and we couldn't find the ball . . .or the clubhead. I believe that wormholes were involved.

My brother, Vinnie and Wyatt. . . They don't know that when you are playing golf after heavily drinking the night before, you don't bring "par juice" or suffer the $75 experience away. You bring along a Pharmacist with 600mg Modins. Best meal of the day.

After golf, I strayed from the usual MWE fare. As I knew the Pour House awaited, I passed on the Wawa Shorty run and helf out for really expensive Irish Lamb Stew. Once you drop $75 for golf, $18 for lamb stew is nothing. The Guinness just kept on pouring. Yummy!

8 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

The lamb stew looked almost as good as Fish's pepper soup . . . but much better than Vinnie's new "companions." Bleech!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Oh, and your arse is mine for posting that picture!!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

I didn't say it was you. Nice Give away!

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the giveaway was the butt!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Sezme said...

Are those rubber sheets on the bed?

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, RT! They were probably wearing diapers!

Could you please get rid of the dog picture?

BTW, did you ever renew your DL? Or were you flirting with getting a DUI without a license? Smarty!

I bet the wives enjoyed not having to hear all the snoring!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Deathlok said...

Linda,
1. License and ready to go (now with picture)

2. Your not critcizing Pinchy are you? He's an icon.

3. His Butt was a giveaway?? I didn't know that. I was not a taker, I assure you.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was hurting my eyes to have to look at that dog every day! I mean there was no progress!
Glad to hear you have your license since you seem to be driving all over the US!
Hmmm, I thought WE had shown his butt to everyone! I know I've seen it! Maybe it's just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home